Find A Song:
Late 1970's Slow-Disco Semi-Instrumental Tune with "Sighing" Lyrics
1970s Disco Semi- Instrumental Song:
I'm looking for a late 1970's slow-disco semi-instrumental song.
I say "semi-instrumental" because I don't remember anyone singing, just these "sighing" sounds.
If I had to guess I'd say it's probably from about 1976 or 1977.
If it helps any, Rush Limbaugh occasionally plays one of the parts of the song on his radio talk show as bumper music.
I used to hear it every once in a while as a kid during the late 1970's/early 1980's, usually on "Lite AM or Lite FM" type stations.
Details that I can remember:
- Probably about 90 BPM
- Very light beginning part with this "vocoder/wawa", hollow plucked guitar sound
- Very slow funk-bass
- High-pitched, ear-piercing, echoey synthesizer sound
- Chorus of women and men "sighing". They say something like:
"Ahhh haa-uh haa-huh haaaaah"
- Towards the end the rhythm breaks and there's this incredibly fast, extremely echoey series of single guitar notes played over and over again very fast.
- The guitar notes are very loud and come in out of nowhere when compared to the "light" sound of the beginning
- Then 90 BPM light beginning part fades back in under the fast guitar notes