Looking for a title from the mid-1960s - the tempo was for fast dancing
I am writing to ask about a song I enjoyed in my youth but could not afford to purchase at that time.
1. I am almost positive the song is entitled, “One by One.” This title makes many computer searches very difficult because this title invariably turns up both one-hit-wonders and almost any song that has the word “one” in the title.
2. I remember dancing to the song sometime between 1962 and 1967, probably in the wintertime.
3. I heard it in Ohio, USA, in a 45-rpm format, on the local radio stations, and at private house parties.
4. Such of the lyrics as I remember are as follows:
One by one the wedding bells
One by one took away all my pals.
One by one the wedding bells rang,
Breaking up a whole gang.
5. The song was sung by a man, either alone or with a male group, but I really only remember the one male voice. No heavy drums or guitars or unusual sounds.
6. The tempo was for fast dancing rather than for slow-dancing.